We are currently not accepting applications for this grant program. Please check back later to see if it has been update.
Professional Development and Consulting Grants Guidelines
The Professional Development and Consulting Grant is a funding opportunity available to Pennsylvania nonprofit arts organizations and arts programs only and are available for activities that take place between January 1 and December 31, 2017 (these dates may change depending on when Citizens for the Arts in PA receives state funding for this grant).
These grants are not available to individuals and funding will not be provided for programming. This is a limited pool of funds and grants are awarded are on a "first come/first served" basis. The organization must be recognized as a 501(c)(3) organization by the IRS or must prove fiscal sponsorship. Once all funds have been expended we will not accept new grant applications. You may check on the status of this program by emailing Jenny Hershour at firstname.lastname@example.org
Grant requests of $2000 or less may be submitted at any time from January 1 - December 31, 2017. Citizens for the Arts in Pennsylvania may fund a maximum of $2000 per organization (if funds are available) per grant period. Example:
- Organization A receives $1200 for a consultation grant + $500 for professional development = $1700 total grant award. Eligible to receive an additional $300.
- Organization B receives 4 professional development grants totaling $2000 total grant award. Has reached maximum total for grant period.
- Organization C receives $250 busing grant $1500 for three professional development grants = $1750 total grant award. Eligible to receive an additional $250.
- Organization D receives $500 for travel grant. Can apply for up to $1500 for additional grants
No organization will receive more than $2,000 from this program for activities that take place during the grant period. Subsequent grants may be made for follow-up activities or additional consultation in the following calendar year.
Grants may be made for the following:
- Cultural, financial, or strategic planning
- Creating and improving the artistic quality of the product, process, or service and/or the documentation of an organization's product, process or service (i.e. slides, video, etc.)
- Board development
- Audience development or marketing
- Evaluating and planning to make facilities, programs and staff accessible to individuals with disabilities
MAXIMUM REQUEST AMOUNT: $2000 PER ORGANIZATION
STAFF PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Applications for staff professional development opportunities must be submitted prior to the opportunity. There will be no reimbursement requests considered.
- Travel to conferences, seminars, and workshops (to cover travel and registration). While multiple request from the same organization to attend a conference are allowed, you must submit a separate application for each person. Payment will only be made to the organization, not the individual participating in the conference.
- Courses/seminars to improve the quality of an employee's work. Payment will only be made to the organization, not the individual participating in the in the course or seminar. The course/seminar must be completed by December 31, 2017.
MAXIMUM REQUEST AMOUNT: $750 PER OPPORTUNITY
Busing grants are available to assist groups attending arts events that might otherwise be inaccessible because of transportation issues. This program primarily serves groups living a distance from major Pennsylvania cities and for inner-city audiences from whom public transportation is inadequate. This program covers only busing and does not include the cost of admission to the arts events. Trips to events outside of Pennsylvania will not be supported.
MAXIMUM REQUEST AMOUNT: $500 PER EVENT
What we will not fund:
- Stipends for artists
- Printing of marketing materials
- Programming, programming, programming
You must submit a final grant report within 30 days after the completion of your project. Failure to do so may result in potential loss of funding for subsequent years. Projects must be completed by December 31, 2017. Extension will not be granted on projects occurring beyond December 31, 2017.
This was made possible through a grant from the
The official registration and financial information of Citizens for the Arts in Pennsylvania may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free, within Pennsylvania, 1 (800) 732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.